Rabart believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental footprint wherever and whenever possible. We work with our suppliers and customers to ensure that we all prioritise the use of environmentally friendly practices and procedures as this not only makes sound commercial sense, it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care for future generations.
Our Policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Only stock and sell products that meet UK and European legislation and only source goods from companies who have the required credentials to supply these markets.
- Minimise our waste and recycle as much as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards required.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update, our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.